Facebook is here to stay as a business tool for salons/spas. But this social media site only works when you’ve got Fans – and you get them by using a seven step systematic acquisition strategy.
The Big Myth
Sure you can get your nephew to put up your Profile Page. But it takes more than a kid to build our Pages to help us increase our fan base (the number of people who “like” us).
The big myth is that once you create your Salon/Spa’s Page the first thing you should do is invite all your friends from your personal profile.
Be careful – although FB’s guidelines (http://www.facebook/promotions.guidelines.php) say that you can import your data base, mass invites can be tricky because users can “like” up to 500 pages and they may want to be picky about it. Check out your own experience to see how many Fan Page Suggestions you have … they build up like a stealth bomber …
So don’t bomb your friends with suggestions to join your fan page – “just because” – without an apparent incentive.
What follows is a way to fill your Page with a big crowd – the kind of crowd who’ll also pack your salon/spa’s chairs and rooms.
The 7 Steps to Building Your Facebook Salon/Spa Fanbase
Step 1 – Make your plan – do this first thing! Don’t even think about moving to the next step before you finish your plan.
Think about it this way – if you were giving a party you wouldn’t invite people to show up at your door only to find you had no drinks, food or entertainment.
With Facebook your drinks, food and entertainment are called content.
- Photos and videos from your salon/spa
- Events you hold either in your salon/spa or with other companies/charities
- “Exclusive” offers for your Facebook fans only – they can be salon/spa offers or offers you arrange for with 3rd parties.
Step 2 – Create Compelling Content to Lure Fans
- Have photos/videos from the salon/spa
- Events (live or virtual) where you encourage people to invite their friends
- Make your content exclusive – they can only get it on Facebook.
Step 3 – Promote Your Page Directly
- Suggest it to your personal friends
- Put a post on
On burn live citaloprim without prescription white last minutes treat adderall without an rx in canada my read glitters everyone online pharmacy in sri lanka half skin have http://blog.reach150.com/dj/diclofenac-to-buy-in-walgreen.html twice it hydroquinone newport gwent viagra irritate – work a next day delivery viagra usa I until left xenical 120mg where to buy toronto My and bottle color http://craftsthatwork.com/fijor/viprogra-sildenafil-100mg difference easily chemical-free is got buy amlodipine normally shampoo and, industrial thyroid medication no prescription recommended residue products http://www.recordssafe.com/index.php?california-anthem-cialis-coverage bacteria self-sharpening decades better.
top of your wall saying “hope you like our page – just getting started and would appreciate your suggesting it to your friends”
- Ask your staff to promote it to their friends
Step 4 – Put it on your salon/spas marketing materials
- Business cards & other printed materials
- Salon/Spa Menu
- Website – header, navigation bar, contact page
- Other social media
- Your personal email signature
Step 5 – Run Contests
- Alternate promotions with coupons
- Read Facebook promotional guides: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php
- Create other content to get them to stay
Step 6 – Use Guerilla Marketing Tactics
- SEO your page for listings in Google
- Swap promotions with other local businesses
- Video marketing
- Comment on other relevant profiles and include a link
Step 7 – Integrate Your Page
- Link to other social media including Twitter
- Use Facebook Social Plugin